All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIt is impossible to live the kind of life that John Fitzgerald Kennedy lived - one of privilege, power, and pain-and t acquire a few enemies along the way. Yet few figures in American history have had as oddly conflicted relationships with their political foes as did our 35th President. Historian Thomas Whalen's book sheds light on each of Kennedy's enemies, detailing the ways in which Kennedy's more fractious relationships evolved over time, affected his Presidency, and his personal life.
- Author BiographyThomas J. Whalen is an associate professor of social science at Boston University and author of Kennedy versus Lodge: The 1952 Massachusetts Senate Race. Whalen's latest book, A Higher Purpose: Profiles in Presidential Courage, resurrects Truman and eight other American leaders and the moments that defined their political careers, using John F. Kennedy's 1955 best seller, Profiles in Courage, as a touchstone. An expert in modern American politics, American foreign policy and the American presidency, Whalen's expert commentary has appeared in the New York Times, ABCNews.com, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, and the AP. He has also appeared on several national broadcast outlets including CNN, NPR and Reuters TV.
- Author(s)Thomas J. Whalen
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note16 black & white halftones
- Weight472 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.