All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact of colonization on literature and culture remains the subject of much literary investigation. This book revisits the issue from the perspective of early French colonialism in the 1920s and 30s, and examines literary activity on the great African island of Madagascar during those decades. The life and creative works of the Malagasy author, JJ Rabearivelo are its central concern. This book further emphasizes the connections between the colonial context of Rabearivelo's writing and the possibilities of publication, international reception and canical consecration for his works. Above all, JJ Rabearivelo, Literature and Lingua Franca in Colonial Madagascar contributes new insights to our understanding of the process by which political and literary authority can be appropriated by a metropolitan language at the expense of the natural lingua franca of the colonized population.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Moradewun Adejunmobi is a lecturer in French at the University of Botswana in Southern Africa. She received her Diplome d'etudes approfondies from the Sorbonne University in Paris and her Ph.D. in Francophone Malagasy Literature from the University of Ibadan in Nigeria. She is the author of several publications on Francophone literature from Madagascar.
- Author(s)Moradewun Adejunmobi
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFrancophone Cultures & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight690 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.