Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith their spunky personalities, endless energy, and remarkable intelligence, it's wonder Jack Russell Terriers have become a favorite for television ads and Hollywood films. Performing comes naturally to Jack Russell Terriers (JRTs for short). They love to show off their strange and quirky personalities, and they have more than their share of fun while entertaining you and themselves. Despite their winsome ways, Jack Russell Terriers aren't for everyone. It takes time, patience, and an unmistakable sense of humor to tolerate their endless antics and tireless energy. For thousands of dog owners across the country, however, other breed is worth considering. Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies is the guide for you if *You're thinking of owning a Jack Russell Terrier *You just brought a new puppy home *You are curious about this popular breed *You already own a JRT and want to kw more about its temperament Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies shows you how to cope with the breed's high energy levels and odd but common behaviors. You'll become acquainted with the breed standard and look at common faults. This book also covers the following topics and more: *Distinguishing between a pet dog and a show dog *Deciding if a puppy or an adult dog is best for you *Puppy-proofing your house *Understanding guidelines for obedience training and agility training, *Dealing with behavioral problems such as separation anxiety, aggression, and barking *Finding a great veterinarian *Kwing how to care for your pet: Health, grooming, exercise *Dealing with health concerns specific to JRTs Jack Russell Terriers are cute, charming, and very smart. They're a big dog in a little dog's body and are fun, fearless, and funny to be around. Remember, however, that they also are pushy, extremely active, and have a voracious appetite for attention. Jack Russell Terriers For Dummies will help you make sure you're making a well-educated, conscious choice to purchase one of these little white tornadoes and to give you the kwledge to keep your sanity after the decision has been made.
- Author BiographyDeborah Britt-Hay has been breeding and training Jack Russell Terriers for nine years. She finds that her dogs make great companions for her family and her horses.
- Author(s)Deborah Britt-Hay
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2000
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleHowell dummies series
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight403 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
Most relevant reviews
- hornetluva27 Sep, 2012by
Great read, I can see our boys heritage and behavior reflected in the book, now if I can just get him to read he might start acting like a Jack Russell
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $28.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.