All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJack Vettria's erotic, provocative and emotionally charged paintings have made him one of Britain's most successful contemporary artists. Collected by celebrities the world over, his exhibitions have regularly sold out and paintings w change hands for millions of pounds. This beautifully packaged gift-sized collection features Jack's men. Depicted against a backdrop of bars, clubs, racetracks and bedrooms, the men are often mysterious, hard-edged and sometimes vulnerable. It is a timeless world of drama, passion, secret liaisons and hedonism, where men chase dreams and play for high stakes.
- Author BiographyJack Vettriano is entirely self-taught. A Scotsman of Italian descent, he left school at sixteen to become a mining engineer working down the Fife coalfields. For his twenty-first birthday a girlfriend gave him a set of watercolour paints and from then on, he spent much of his spare time teaching himself to paint. His first solo exhibition in Edinburgh was a sell-out and since then he has had solo exhibitions in London, Hong Kong and New York. Over the last twenty years, interest in Vettriano's work has grown consistently. Vettriano's best known painting, The Singing Butler, was sold at Sotheby's for close to GBP750,000. He was awarded an OBE for Services to the Visual Arts. In 2013, a major twenty year Retrospective exhibition of Vettriano's work was staged at Kelvingrove art Gallery and Musuem in Glasgow. He lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Jack Vettriano
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication05/05/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width170 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- workshopdreams15 Nov, 2014by
Ideal as a guide to the iconic work of Jack Vettriano.
This is more than a book of art that displays the work of an artist.The works are a masterful representation of a vanished world inhabited by stylish and classy men. Whether it's racing cars across a desert or secret liaisons with mysterious women the men are always in control, handsome and dangerous. For the Jack Vettriano collector this book has it all. Ideal as a guide to lesser known paintings it reveals the modern icon's man's world of yester year. I bought it because I love his work. I'd prefer a large hard copy version like other popular art books.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32