All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAtta-RATTA-batta-blam! Jackhammer Sam isn't just any old construction worker he's the sidewalk blasting man. He stops traffic, splits the sidewalk, and digs right down to the subway, all the while singing his song: Atta-RATTA-binga-bong. Atta-RATTA-pinga-pong. Lively illustrations by David Catrow portray a larger-than-life construction worker (and the bystanders who become caught up in his destruction) in hilarious detail as he choppa-chops his way through the city streets, outer space, and beyond in this fun and frenetic tribute to road workers of all kinds.
- Author BiographyPeter Mandel grew up in Manhattan, where he watched neighborhood skyscrapers going up and checked out every jackhammer on the block. He now writes about jackhammers and a host of other things for children. He lives in Providence, Rhode Island.Growing up in Detroit, Michigan, David Catrow got pretty good at sneaking into construction sites and as a result, his initials and handprints appear on several blocks of Detroit sidewalk. Since then, he has illustrated more than seventy books for children, including his own Max Spaniel series. He lives in Springfield, Ohio.
- Author(s)Peter Mandel
- PublisherRoaring Brook Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Brook Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width284 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.