All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of Jackie Kennedy Onassis as she might have written it. This is t just ather biography. For the first time, a book highlights Jackie's life from her own perspective, as imagined by author Dr Alma Bond, a psychoanalyst and long-time student of Jackie lore. The facts are all historically correct, as are the ideas, the Washington intrigue and politics, and the examination of the role of women in society and in the White House. Jackie speaks of her need to record her story truthfully -- to replace the hodgepodge of lies published during her lifetime. Speaking as an older woman, she ponders how her points of view have changed from those she held when she was young. The book delves into her childhood and explores how and why Jackie became the person she was. It also explores the Kennedys, and how John F Kennedy's background affected his marriage. Jackie's deep love for Jack, his early inattentiveness, their difficulties together, his outrageous womanising, happy times at the White House, and the tragedy of his assassination -- all are viewed through Jackie's eyes. Jackie writes of her need for Aristotle Onassis, debunking the tion that she married him purely for his money, and traces the joyful early years of the marriage through to its dramatic collapse and Ari's difficult death. A different Jackie emerges into the world of publishing. Her new persona allows her to establish her very best relationship with the stout and adoring Maurice Tempelsman, until n-Hodgkins lymphoma takes her life in 1994, at age 64. Jackie O: On the Couch is a unique exploration of the life and loves of a great historical figure. Jackie Kennedy Onassis deeply prized her privacy and, as a result, she was both revered and mysterious. In this book, much of the mystery is shed as Jackie finally emerges as a fully fleshed-out, three-dimensional person-a true human being, with ermous strengths and shortcomings, who all of us can w understand and appreciate, perhaps for the first time.
- Author BiographyJackie O: On the Couch is the first of Alma Bond's On the Couch series, and is Dr. Bond's nineteenth published book. She received her Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology from Columbia University, graduated from the post-doctoral program in psychoanalysis at the Freudian Society, and was a psychoanalyst in private practice for 37 years in New York City. She retired to become a full-time writer, but now maintains a small practice in addition to writing. Dr. Bond is a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the Dramatists Guild, and the Authors Guild, as well as a fellow and faculty member of the Institute for Psychoanalytic Training and Research, the International Psychoanalytic Association, and the American Psychological Association. She became one of the first non-medical analysts to be elected to the International Psychoanalytic Association. Dr. Bond grew up in Philadelphia, where she obtained her undergraduate degree in psychology from Temple University, and following voluntary military service, moved to New York, where she earned a graduate degree in psychology from Columbia University. A longtime resident of New York City, she lived for nearly a dozen years in south Florida.
- Author(s)Alma H. Bond
- PublisherBancroft Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBancroft Press
- Weight446 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.