CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn this real-life story told from the point of view of a child with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), Jackie Christiansen describes the unique differences that make him who he is while also explaining how he is still similar to the other kids his age. Jackie discusses the challenges he faces living with the disorder, how he struggles with social cues and sensory and personal-space issues and can occasionally become very loud or animated for apparent reason. However, Jackie chooses to celebrate the aspects that make him unique, and this journal is a great kid-friendly prompt for starting conversations about ASD and helping others relate to children with the disorder.
- Author Biography<b>Jackie Christiansen</b> is a nine-year-old boy with autism spectrum disorder who enjoys fishing, chess, and collecting toy cars. He expresses his differences through his writing so that other children his age can learn ASD. <b>Diane Mayer Christiansen</b> is a former laboratory manager at Northwestern University where she was involved in genetic research for the department of biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology. She is now a stay-at-home mom and writer. She is the author of <i>Secrets of Woodcrest: Escape from Levitius</i> and <i>Switcher</i>. They both live in Glenview, Illinois.
- Author(s)Diane Mayer Christiansen,Jackie Christiansen
- PublisherBlackhawk Publishing & Media Group
- Date of Publication08/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackhawk Publishing & Media Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.