Jacob Frank: The End to the Sabbataian Heresy : Translated from Polish Frank I Frankisci Polscy, 1726-1816 by Alexandr Kraushar, Herbert Levy (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $85.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by logicalunsanity
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJacob Frank is the second and last major exponent of apostate messianism, the concept that lead to the Sabbatain heresy. His picaresque life is recounted by Alexandr Kraushar. The editor's 'A Note for the General Reader' and his antations to Kraushar's text explore the sources, and the reasons for the disappearance, of the Sabbatain heresy. These observations are reflected against aspects of early 20th Century European history. Also explored are affinities to the tenets of Sabbatian theology found in lines of T.S.Eliot's Four Quartets and in the role of the Old Bolsheviks in Stalin's Purge Trials.
- Author BiographyHerbert Levy is a Workers' Compensation Law Judge in New York State.
- Author(s)Alexandr Kraushar,Herbert Levy
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1003 g
- Width167 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine38 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.