Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionHow does a musically gifted Rabbi's son from Chicago become an assassin for the Mossad? How can a rewned and compassionate Neurosurgeon, a Professor and Head of Neurosurgery at a prestigious University Hospital Center - who is also a high ranking Martial Artist - allow his skills, many molded in Israel and in the combat quagmire of Southeast Asia - to alternatively render him an eminently skillful taker of life? This is only one conundrum faced by the prime protagonist, Jacob Kane. This is a Saga from the 1930's to the present - encompassing the worlds of medicine; music; the martial arts; the military; physics; religion; the Vietnam War; the Holocaust; the establishment of the State of Israel; the continuing vicissitudes of the Middle East; international intelligence and espionage; - as seen through the eyes and experiences of three prime protagonists. The story follows these three, who individually experience a simultaneous life-changing epiphany during high-school years, ultimately propelling each into a search for existential meaning - toward which they might t otherwise have been guided. These individuals are all driven by a need to find - indeed to confront - that which gives meaning to their lives; awarding prizes for their battles; accomplishments for their pride; - and a search for how the words - meaning, prizes, and accomplishments - are themselves defined. Their youthful triumvirate eventually breaks, each developing in it's own sphere - and reunites in later years. These protagonists are joined in their life's pursuits by a number of women who also assume significant importance in the saga - as all their lives intertwine. Although this is a vel, it is historically factual - including the many battle scenes, the medical/surgical experiences, the musical events, etc. Some character's names have been changed, but many - being historical figures - have t.
- Author(s)Professor J B Kaufman
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight1383 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.