All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the companion book to his final PBS series, the world-rewned chef shows his close relationship to the land and sea as he cooks for close friends and family.Jacques Pepin Heart & Soul in the Kitchen is an intimate look at the celebrity chef and the food he cooks at home with family and friends--200 recipes in all. There are the simple dinners Jacques prepares for his wife, like the world's best burgers (the secret is ground brisket). There are elegant dinners for small gatherings, with tantalizing starters like Camembert cheese with a pistachio crust and desserts like little foolproof chocolate souffles. And there are the dishes for backyard parties, including grilled chicken tenderloin in an Argentinean chimichurri sauce. Spiced with reminiscences and stories, this book reveals the urthodox philosophy of the man who taught millions how to cook, revealing his frank views on molecular gastromy, the locovore movement, Julia Child and James Beard, on how to raise a child who will eat almost anything, and much, much more. For both longtime fans of Jacques and those who are discovering him for the first time, this is a must-have cookbook.
- Author BiographyJACQUES PEPIN has published twenty-five cookbooks, including the best-selling Essential Pepin, Jacques Pepin Fast Food My Way, and his memoir, The Apprentice. He has also starred in twelve acclaimed cooking TV series. He has won multiple James Beard Awards and several IACP Cookbook Awards.
- Author(s)Jacques Pepin
- PublisherRux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintRux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1588 g
- Width208 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.