All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionTo mark the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar E-Type this is an all-new, updated edition of a classic book that was first published in 1989 and remained in print for 20 years. The E-Type was, and still is, a uniquely charismatic and important British sports car; this remarkable book provides the ultimate tribute to it. With lots of new information and illustrations, this book is a must-have for all E-Type enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyPhilip Porter has written about 18 motoring books, twice winning the Montagu Trophy for best motoring book of the year. A lifelong motor racing enthusiast, that enthusiasm was largely fired by one Stirling Moss. Like so many young boys in the fifties, he was Philip's absolute hero. As a consequence, Philip began successfully competing in motor sport while still at school. He began acquiring classic sports cars long before it became a boom and owns 9600 HP, the oldest E-type in existence. This led to some motoring journalism amongst his busy business career. He later satisfied his competitive spirit with flying hot air balloons and airships, winning the silver medal at the 1991 European Airship Championships. In 1992 he became the first person ever to fly an airship in Africa. He is Chairman of the Sherlock Holmes Society and an active member of the Jerome K. Jerome Society. In 1997 he and his wife Julie founded the International Jaguar XK Club and in 2004 they started the Jaguar E-type Club. Philip edits both monthly magazines and Sir Stirling is Patron of the XK Club. Philip and Julie live in a Tudor farmhouse in Worcestershire and have their offices in an adjoining thatched barn.
- Author(s)Philip Porter
- PublisherPorter Press International
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationTenbury Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPorter Press International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight3289 g
- Width231 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.