Jam! Amp Your Team, Rock Your Business by Jeff Carlisi, Dan Lipson (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.69Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique rock-and-roll approach to team-building, from seasoned rock stars and the founders of Camp Jam, Inc. Jam! brings the rock music business alive to show how the lessons of rock can be applied to any business. Written by Jeff Carlisi, former guitarist and songwriter for the chart-topping band .38 Special, and Dan Lipson, one of the country's sharpest young executives, Jam! examines key moments in the development of a band--formation, early success, and internal crises--to illustrate how executives can crank up their own businesses to reach the top ten. With insights from musicians who have played in some of the world's best-kwn bands, including the Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and the Black Crowes, and the bands of Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, Ted Nugent, and Sheryl Crow, Jam! shows how each member of a group has to come together on a common beat, kw his or her role and sound, and even when it's time to leave the spotlight. With takeaways in every chapter for both individuals and groups, Jam! brings to life its central tenant: Work hard. Rock harder. Jeff Carlisi and Dan Lipson (Atlanta, GA) are the founders of Camp Jam Inc. (www.campjam.com), a collection of rock and roll music programs that include rock and roll camps for both adults and children in 15 cities, corporate team building exercises, and Camp Jam's Ultimate Rock & Roll Getaway, a weekend rock music fantasy camp for adults. Camp Jam is the most comprehensive grouping of rock programs in America, and those programs have boasted attendance from musicians all over the world. Carlisi was one of the founding members of .38 Special, and wrote or co-wrote many of its biggest hits. The band sold over 12 million records and enjoyed worldwide popular and critical acclaim. Jeff also plays in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's house band, inducting new legends every year. Prior to founding Camp Jam, Lipson served as president of Leading Edge Promotions (w kwn as Strike Ten), CEO of Causelink.com, and founded ExL Corp.
- Author BiographyJeff Carlisi was one of the founding members of 38 Special and wrote or cowrote many of its biggest hits, including Second Chance, Caught Up In You, and Hold On Loosely. The band sold over 14 million records and enjoyed worldwide popular and critical acclaim. Jeff left the band in 1997 and is now one of the cofounders of Camp Jam Inc., where he trains young musicians and conducts team-building workshops for corporations. He is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's house band. Dan Lipson is president and cofounder of Camp Jam Inc., which includes rock and roll camps for adults and children, as well as corporate team-building exercises, and Jamling.com, a virtual band community site. Previously, he was president of Leading Edge Promotions, CEO of Causelink.com, CEO of ExL Corp, and general manager of Home Entertainment at ESPN. Jay Busbee has published more than a thousand articles in national magazines, websites, and newspapers, including Yahoo!, USA Today, and the Washington Post. www.campjaminc.com
- Author(s)Dan Lipson,Jeff Carlisi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Weight462 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.