All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionJam Bands is a comprehensive, critical exploration of the bands and music of the genre. It provides commentaries on more than 150 groups with evaluative discographies, web guides and a look at some of the groups' celebrated live performances. It will enhance readers' appreciation of certain artists while introducing dozens of other table bands. In addition the book digs deeper into the scene through a series of complementary essays. Budnick explores the origins and development of the genre and the term itself, and traces its genealogy through a family tree. The work provides a detailed behind-the-scenes essay on the history of the Jammy Awards. The author also elaborates on the emergence of Jambands.com and the resuscitation of Relix Magazine, selects top releases, collects some essential quotes from his conversations with all of the jam band principals over the years, and in the case of certain performers, explains, where they are w.
- Author BiographyDean Budnick chronicles this music in a variety of media: as founder and editor of Jambands.com; contributing editor of Relix magazine; co-host of Jam Nation, a nationally syndicated radio show; and co-founder and producer of The Jammys award show.
- Author(s)Dean Budnick
- PublisherBackbeat Books
- Date of Publication30/01/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Out-of-print date08/06/2010
- Content Noteb&w photos
- Weight598 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword bySteve Bernstein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.