Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionJames A. Michener is one of the most widely read American authors of the 20th century. He worked as a social studies teacher and as an editor, and went on to write such memorable works as Tales of the South Pacific and Centennial. He also wrote numerous scattered short pieces. Though a popular writer, Michener's importance to the American literary, educational, social, and political scene is w slowly being recognized, and his writings are being used as guides and touchstones for study in American schools. This volume contains a checklist of Michener's major vels and his scattered mir writings, along with an extensive antated bibliography of works about him. The first part is a checklist of his works, while the second is an antated listing of books and articles published on Michener from the 1920s to the 1990s. The volume also contains a selected list of reviews of Michener's major works. Two reviews for each work have been selected at random, and they provide an overview of the critical response to Michener's writings over the years.
- Author BiographyF. X. ROBERTS is Professor of Library Science at the University of Northern Colorado, where he works as a reference librarian, teaches bibliographic instruction, and develops collections in education and English and American literature. Roberts has published articles on education, librarianship, and literature. C. D. RHINE is Professor of Library Science at the University of Northern Colorado, where he is a science bibliographer and reference librarian.
- Author(s)C. D. Rhine,F. X. Roberts
- Date of Publication23/03/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in American Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 20.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.