All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery town has one: a humble restaurant serving up soul-satisfying food, a place that pulls the whole community together. Maybe it's in a cinderblock shack or a clapboard house, but it's the kind of place you take for granted-until you leave town and an uncontrollable craving takes over. These are America's Classics-local eateries recognized by the James Beard Foundation as timeless institutions within their communities. This cookbook brings together eighty of their recipes so the home cook can re-create such regional favorites as St. Elmo's Crab Mac and Cheese, The Shed's Red Chile Enchiladas, Aunt Carrie's Indian Pudding, Bowens Island Frogmore Stew, Toton's White Clam Pizza, Camp Washington's Cincinnati Chili, and Gott's Roadside Cheeseburger (with the secret sauce!). Just as good as the food are the inspiring tales behind these mom-and-pops, told in oral histories: how an immigrant grandfather turned an heirloom dish into a booming business, or how a vengeful lover's recipe for spicy fried chicken earned a cult following. Classic All-American Eats is a tribute to the local treasures and unsung heroes of true American cooking, as well as a collection of recipes for craveable classic dishes.
- Author BiographyThe James Beard Foundation is America's most prestigious culinary organization, with a mission to celebrate, nurture, and honor the country's diverse culinary heritage through programs that educate and inspire. A cookbook author and teacher, James Beard was a champion of American cuisine who helped educate and mentor generations of professional chefs and food enthusiasts. Andrew Zimmern is an author and the host of the Travel Channel's hit shows, Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern and Bizarre Foods America.
- Author(s)Andrew Zimmern,James Beard Foundation
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note100 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight1361 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.16
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.21
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $46.07
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.48
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $35.63Trending at AU $50.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.