All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the third and penultimate in the Yale Boswell Editions' transcription of Boswell's heavily revised manuscript of his biography of Johnson. Designed as a research supplement to the Hill-Powell version of the 'Life' and employing the complex but accessible system devised for the series by the late Marshall Waingrow, the edition traces Boswell's processes of composition from first draft to final publication. It restores much deleted material, passages lost or overlooked at proof and revise stage, and corrects a host of compositorial and other errors and misreadings. Professor Bonnell's antation clarifies a wide range of textual and editorial issues, and sheds new light on Boswell's processes of selection and deletion.
- Author BiographyThomas F. Bonnell, Professor of English at St. Mary's College, Indiana, is the author, most recently, of The Most Disreputable Trade: Publishing the Classics of English Poetry 1765-1810 (Oxford, 2008). He is now at work on the fourth and final volume of the Life of Johnson manuscript edition in The Yale Editions of the Private Papers of James Boswell.
- Author(s)James Boswell
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- Series TitleThe Yale Editions of the Private Papers of James Boswell
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byRobert Bruce,Thomas F. Bonnell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.