All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on one album rather than an artist's entire output, the books dispense with the standard biographical background that fans kw already, and cut to the heart of the music on each album. The authors provide fresh, original perspectives, often through their access to and relationships with the key figures involved in the recording of these albums. By turns obsessive, passionate, creative, and informed, the books in this series demonstrate many different ways of writing about music. (A task that can be, as Elvis Costello famously observed, as tricky as dancing about architecture.) What binds this series together, and what brings it to life, is that all of the authors - musicians, scholars, and writers - are deeply in love with the album they have chosen. Previous titles in this w well-established series have beaten sales expectations and received excellent review coverage - the third batch is sure to continue this success. More titles follow in the spring of 2005.
- Author BiographyDouglas Wolk writes about music. His work appears regularly in The Village Voice, Time Out New York, Salon, Slate, Rolling Stone, The Nation, and many other publications. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Douglas Wolk
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/09/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series Title33 1/3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight127 g
- Width128 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.