Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.05
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.28
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.58
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe voyage of Captain James Cook to the South Pacific in the Endeavour changes Europe's understanding of the geography of the world. A highlight of this great voyage of maritime discovery was the first charting of the east coast of the southern continent kwn until then as New Holland, but afterwards by the name Cook gave it: New South Wales. Cook's 3000 km journey included landings at Botany Bay and other places, during which Cook and his companion Joseph Banks became the first Europeans to make contact with the local Aboriginal people and to observe the flora and fauna of a land which was to fascinate European society for decades to come. This historic journey, during which the Endeavour was almost wrecked on a coral reef, is told on Cook's own words and illustrated with maps, plans and charts.
- Author(s)James Cook,William James Lloyd Wharton
- PublisherColony Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectUnclassifiable: Child or adult
- Place of PublicationMalvern, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintColony Press
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.