All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThough he appeared in only six films, James Dean is still frequently discussed some 30 years after his death in an accident at the age of 24. This book provides full production information, plot sypses, review excerpts, and critical commentary for Dean's roles in Fixed Bayonets (1951), Sailor Beware (1951), Has Anybody Seen My Gal? (1952), East of Eden (1955), Rebel Without a Cause (1955), and Giant (1956). It also details his stage, radio, and television work, and includes an extensive antated bibliography. This comprehensive guide synthesizes the tremendous amount of information available about Dean's life and legacy. Included are chapters on his work in stage, film, radio, and television; entries in each chapter provide production information, plot sypses, review excerpts, and critical commentary about each of his performances. The book also examines his unrealized projects and his survival in various tributes and recordings. An extensive antated bibliography directs the reader to sources of additional information about Dean's fascinating hold on the American imagination.
- Author BiographyDAVID HOFSTEDE is a free-lance writer. His previous books include Audrey Hepburn: A Bio-Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1994).
- Author(s)David Hofstede
- Date of Publication16/02/1996
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in the Performing Arts
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 71.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.