All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionA passionate believer in maintaining the pure English watercolour tradition, James Fletcher-Watson has done more than follow in the footsteps of the great masters he most admired, such as Cotman, Bonington and de Wint, he has earned a place alongside them. His fresh approach to every landscape, which comes from careful observation and a perfect balance of light, tone and colour, shines through every one of his paintings.His ability to create the perfect composition, whether he was painting a rain storm in the Scottish Highlands or a bustling Italian market place, is the enduring hallmark of his work. He found inspiration wherever he travelled, and enjoyed painting in many parts of the U.K. His favourite spots included the dramatic mountain landscapes of Cumbria and Scotland. But he was just as comfortable painting the vast skies of North Norfolk or gentler river scenes in his beloved Cotswolds. He was frequently invited to lecture and teach painting overseas, as far afield as America and Australia, as well as in Europe (most tably to Italy and Majorca). The result of so much travel is a wonderful legacy of masterpieces from all over the world.
- Author BiographyJames Fletcher-Watson exhibited regularly at the Royal Academy, his first picture being accepted when was twenty, and received an award at the Paris Salon. He went on to enjoy considerable international success, holding one-man exhibitions in America, Australia and London, while continuing to build his other career as an architect.After moving to the Cotswolds, he established his Windrush Gallery, where he held annual exhibitions. He was a highly respected teacher and ran painting courses in the Cotswolds, Wiltshire, Suffolk and overseas, all of which were popular with beginners and experienced painters.He wrote many articles and several teaching books on watercolour painting, including The Magic of Watercolour and Watercolour Secrets. Three videos have also been made in which hedemonstrates how to paint out of doors and in the studio.
- Author(s)James Fletcher-Watson
- Date of Publication09/10/2007
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 100 paintings, illustrated in full colour throughout
- Width238 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.