All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionJames Joyce and the Philosophers at Finnegans Wake explores how Joyce used the philosophers Nicholas Cusanus, Giorda Bru, and Giambattista Vico as the basis upon which to write Finnegans Wake. Very few Joyce critics kw eugh about these philosophers and therefore often miss their influence on Joyce's great work. Joyce embraces these philosophic companions to lead him through the underworld of history with all its repetitions and resurrections, oppositions and recombinations.We as philosophical readers of the Wake go along with them to meet everybody and in so doing are bound to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of our souls the uncreated conscience of humankind. Verene builds his study on the basis of years of teaching Finnegans Wake side by side with Cusanus, Bru, and Vico, and his book will serve as a guide to readers of Joyce's vel.
- Author BiographyDonald Phillip Verene is the Candler Professor of Metaphysics and Moral Philosophy at Emory University, USA.
- Author(s)Donald Phillip Verene
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.