Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.30Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by James's exploits, the book covers both the stories behind a number of classic toys and the adventures in summer 2009 as James and his helpers, children and adults of all ages, build and recreate a range of toys in a series of Top Gear style escapades. In six ambitious projects, he enlists the help of volunteers and schoolchildren to help him build a 1/1 scale model kit of a Supermarine Spitfire Mk I; creates the world's longest Scalextric track at the historic Brooklands motor-racing circuit in Surrey; builds a full-size Lego house; enters a garden made entirely from Plasticine in the RHS Chelsea Flower Show; runs a Hornby train set along a 10-mile stretch of track from Barnstaple to Bideford and uses a giant Mecca bridge to span the 40ft Pier Head canal in Liverpool. Each chapter includes details of how the projects were constructed, with diagrams, illustrations and informal photography taken during the filming. The book also features a history of the toys themselves, from true British roots to their international appeal today. Toy Stories also offers 12 simple but fun projects linked to these toys to carry out in your own home, accompanied by step-by-step instructions, illustrations and diagrams.
- Author BiographyJames May is a well-known writer, broadcaster and co-presenter of BBC TV's Top Gear. He also writes a weekly motoring column for The Daily Telegraph. James enjoys cars, motorcycles, light aircraft and a drink, always in that order. He lives in London with Fusker, the world's most unpleasant cat.
- Author(s)James May
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/10/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight1116 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- juliawhitehous002 Feb, 2017by
A top read - funny but also great nostalgia and happy childhood memories!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.