Jamie's America: Easy Twists on Great American Classics, and More by Jamie Oliver (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe incredible diversity in American cooking was a real revelation to me. So although I went looking for quintessential American food, my conclusion is that there is such thing; instead there's a huge wealth of seriously exciting dishes. Many of us outside of America may think we already kw all there is to kw about it from movies or the occasional holiday, but the truth is that this doesn't even scratch the surface. In many ways, the country is still a bit of a mystery to us. This trip was my chance to explore the ingredients, food culture, and traditions within this incredible country. I felt that I knew cities like New York and Los Angeles pretty well, but this time I ventured beyond the neighborhoods I was familiar with and into areas better kwn for their immigrant communities. I was rewarded with some of the most incredible food I've ever tasted. The story was the same when I moved beyond the big cities. Whether it was Creole cooking in Louisiana or soul food in Georgia, the Mexican influences in Arizona or the hearty cowboy cuisine of Big Sky Country, every place I went had its unique treasures. I came back with more recipes than I knew what to do with, and although it was tough, I managed to narrow this book down to 120 of my absolute favorites. These are my takes on some of the best food I came across, as well as a few things I made up along the way. I hope you enjoy them, and maybe even discover new and inspiring sides to America you've never seen before. Enjoy!
- Author BiographyJamie Oliver grew up in his parents' country pub, the Cricketers in Clavering, where he started cooking at the age of eight, before studying at London's Westminster Catering College. He then went on to work with some of the top chefs in England namely Antonio Carluccio at the Neal Street Restaurant and Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers at the River Cafe. The author of such popular titles as The Naked Chef, Jamie's Kitchen, and Jamie's Italy, among others, he has written for the Saturday Times, served as Food Editor at GQ and Marie Claire magazines, and hosted the popular television show The Naked Chef. He is thirty-three and lives in London with his wife Jools and their daughters, Poppy and Daisy.
- Author(s)Jamie Oliver
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1256 g
- Width199 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.37Trending at AU $21.23
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.15
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.37
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.43
- AU $13.64Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $27.94Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.