All listings for this product
About this product
- Description- Features the drawn designs for some of Kaplicky's best work - including the International Space Station - An excellent reference for architects and students of architecture Jan Kaplicky (1937-2009) was a visionary architect with a passion for drawing. It was his way of discovering, describing and constructing; and through drawing he presented beguiling architectural imagery of the highest order. Many of his sketches, cutaway drawings and photomontages are brought together and celebrated in this book. These drawings date from the early years of his independent practice, Future Systems, in the 1970s, to his final ink drawings, executed in the mid-1990s. Featured projects range from design studies for the International Space Station, undertaken with NASA, to the Media Centre at Lord's Cricket Ground, in London, winner of the 1999 Stirling Prize.
- Author BiographyRichard Rogers is an architect of global renown. He was one of the first people to recognise Jan Kaplicky's talent and offer him a place in his studio. Ivan Margolius is an architect and author of books on art, architecture, engineering, design and automobile history. He collaborated on a number of books with Jan Kaplicky, including For Inspiration Only.
- Author(s)Ivan Margolius,Richard Rogers
- PublisherCirca Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCirca Press
- Content Note300 black and white, 100 colour illustrations
- Weight1875 g
- Width309 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid Jenkins
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.