All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe Plantin Press was one of the best kwn printing-publishing enterprises in the sixteenth century. In many ways, this bibliography builds and expands upon Leon Voet's well-kwn publication The Plantin Press. This bibliography of Jan Moretus I, Christopher Plantin's successor, documents the activities of the Plantin Press during the years 1589 till 1610. It contains descriptions of his own editions and other works printed by him. The extensive bibliography contains 704 descriptions of the Jan Moretus editions and lists over 500 anuncements that he printed for the city of Antwerp.
- Author BiographyDirk Imhof is curator of the rare books and archives at the Plantin-Moretus Museum in Antwerp. His research focuses on sixteenth-century book history. Together with Karen Bowen he published Christopher Plantin and Engraved Book Illustrations in Sixteenth Century Europe (Cambridge Uniersity Press, 2008).
- Author(s)Dirk Imhof
- PublisherHes & de Graaf Publishers bv
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleBibliotheca Bibliographica Neerlandica Series Maior
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintHes & de Graaf Publishers bv
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations
- Weight4875 g
- Width230 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine79 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.