All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1993, Jan van Eyck's Arlfini Portrait: Stories of an Icon examines one of the earliest and most celebrated paintings in the history of European art from a variety of perspectives. In her lucid analysis, Linda Seidel considers this famous double portrait as social record, legal document, material object, and poetic fiction. Each chapter of her study represents a distinct mode of inquiry and each situates the painting within a different discursive tradition. In this way, Seidel explores a variety of historical practices to illuminate the portrait's painted narrative. Through the implementation of a variety of interpretive strategies and in consultation with different types and categories of information, Stories of an Icon informs the viewer about the function and nature of early European painting, and invites the reader to reflect on the many ways in which works of art can be examined and reconfigured centuries after their creation.
- Author(s)Linda Seidel
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/02/1995
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note96 b/w illus.
- Weight650 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.