CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionJane Austen's reputation rests on the six vels she wrote in her short life - enduringly popular vels which have become part of the fabric of English life, and which have reached new audiences through recent dramatisations on screen and stage. This book, which draws on her letters, describes Jane's life in the vicarage at Steventon and later at Bath and Chawton, and her relationships with family and friends - especially her beloved sister, Cassandra, and the engaging Tom Lefroy (who it was rumoured was the love of her life). It also describes the parties and balls in country houses and assembly rooms which she attended and the detail of nineteenth-century life which she so sharply observed and which provided the background to her vels. This book is a pleasure for anyone wanting to understand the life of one of our great velists.
- Author(s)Helen Lefroy
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight170 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.