All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionWhereas many aspects of Jane Austen's life are well kwn and documented, others are shrouded in mystery. This was t as a result of any action on her part. It was principally because of the actions of her sister Cassandra, who, after Jane's death, deliberately destroyed numerous letters sent by her to family and friends. Jane's family and friends have alluded to the fact that, at the turn of the 17-18th century, she fell in love with a person whose identity has remained a mystery. Is it possible, after a passage of more than two centuries, and despite the fact that Cassandra destroyed letters written by Jane at the time in question, for this mystery lover to be identified? The answer is yes. Barrington Court in Somersetshire is one of the National Trust's most prestigious properties, and evidence is produced for the very first time that this property was Jane's inspiration for 'Kellynch Hall', home of Sir Walter Elliot in Persuasion.
- Author BiographyFrom 1972-83, Norman worked as a general practitioner in Poole, Dorset, before a spinal injury cut short his medical career. He is now an established writer whose published works include biographies of Thomas Hardy, T. E. Lawrence, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Francis Drake, Adolf Hitler, Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton, Charles Darwin, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Robert Mugabe. Norman was remarried to Rachel in 2005.
- Author(s)Andrew Norman
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note41 black and white illustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.