Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionHow to pay and return formal 'calls'; how to refuse a proposal of marriage; who should lead off the dancing at a country-house ball; what to wear for a morning walk...Today such social niceties are largely igred or forgotten, but they underpin all of Jane Austen's timeless vels and are explored and dealt with in this highly original book. Written as if intended for Austen's original readers in the Regency era, and illustrated with exquisitely witty watercolours, Jane Austen's Guide to Good Manners is a light-hearted, entertaining and instructive little handbook of etiquette as depicted in Jane's vels and letters. It will t only offer sound wisdom and pearls of advice, but also encourage the modern-day reader to look back at Jane's work with a new and deepened appreciation.
- Author BiographyHenrietta Webb is the co-creator of Bad Hair (published by Bloomsbury) and Josephine Ross has written a number of books including, most recently, Jane Austen: A Companion, published by Jane Austen's original publisher John Murray.
- Author(s)Henrietta Webb,Josephine Ross
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.