Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionSeries Order: Jane Doe (Growing Pains- 1) Thou Shall Not Keep Me Wondering (growing Pains -2) Just (Growing Pains - 3) Love Sick (Love, Sex, Lies - 1) Love Hangover (Love, Sex, Lies - 2) Grand Hustle (Love, Sex, Lies - 3) Love Drug (Love, Sex, Lies - 4) Bang (Love, Sex, Lies - 5) Love Me Some Him (Love, Sex, Lies - 6) Jane Doe is set in the Windy City in the year 1996. The main characters, Lyric Caldwell, Latrice Anderson, and Victoria Renee Brown, allow you into their adolescent world of fitting in, insecurity, boys, heart break, and love. Entering their first year of high school at Kraton High, Lyric, Latrice, and Victoria find themselves battling with common factors of the urban environment; teenage pregnancy, single-parent homes, and peer pressure. Victoria was forced to move in with her estranged father after the death of her mother. Forced to work and fend for herself, Vic has grown a thick skin against her father's verbal and physical abuse, and strangers have to climb the wall that she has built around her heart. Lyric has a hard time helping her best friend break down this wall as she is forced to handle matters of her own; refereeing a game of tug of war between her older boyfriend, Russell, and her virginity. With substance abusive parents, Lyric often times prefers to lean on the maturity of her other best friend, Latrice, for counsel. However, Latrice is dealing with problems of her own when she realizes that she is possibly pregnant by the neighborhood high school drop out, Taij. Now she is faced with the unfeasible task of explaining to her demanding and strict mother that she has t only been sneaking and having sex with the boyfriend she was t supposed to have, but also may possibly become what her mother feared the most; a statistic. Through this vel, Watkins reveals the genuine thoughts and motivations of the urban teenager. Jane Doe is geared toward the urban adolescent, but is attention seeking eugh for any adult by illustrating the rebellious teenager living ghetto fabulous with consequence, and highlights the unexpected heroes of our urban communities, Jane Doe reaches out to that insecure and yearning teen, and illustrates the consequences of refusing to look beyond the small window of fitting in.
- Author BiographyJessica N. Watkins was born April 1st in Chicago, Illinois. She obtained a Bachelors of Arts with Focus in Psychology from DePaul University and Masters of Applied Professional Studies with focus in Business Administration from the like institution. Working in Hospital Administration for the majority of her career, Watkins has also been an author of fiction literature since the young age of nine. Eventually she used writing as an outlet during her freshmen year of high school as a single parent: In the third grade I entered a short story contest with a fiction tale of an apple tree that refused to grow despite the efforts of the darling main character. My writing evolved from apple trees to my seventh and eighth grade classmates paying me to read novels I had written about kids our age living the lives our parents wouldn't dare let us. At the age of twenty-eight, Watkins' chronicles have matured into steamy, humorous, and realistic tales of women's literature. She hopes that The Epitome of Femistry series will successfully emulate ideal femininity while tackling stereotypes, familiar heartache, and relatable distress in a humorous, sophisticated, and erotic fashion. Jessica N. Watkins is available for talks, workshops or book signings. Email her for more information at Jessica@femistrypress.net. Additional information can be found at www.femistrypress.com.
- Author(s)Jessica Watkins
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.