All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionJane Eyre , the story of a young girl and her passage into adulthood, was an immediate commercial success at the time of its original publication in 1847. Its representation of the underside of domestic life and the hypocrisy behind religious enthusiasm drew both praise and bitter criticism, while Charlotte Bronte's striking expose of poor living conditions for children in charity schools as well as her poignant portrayal of the limitations faced by women who worked as governesses sparked great controversy and social debate. Jane Eyre, Bronte's best-kwn vel, remains an extraordinary coming-of-age narrative, and one of the great classics of literature.
- Author BiographyRichard Nemesvari , of the Department of English at St. Francis Xavier University, has written widely on nineteenth-century British fiction. He also co-edited Mary Elizabeth Braddon's Aurora Floyd for this series.
- Author(s)Charlotte Bronte
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBroadview Editions
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Weight826 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byRichard Nemesvari
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.