All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelene is t free to hide from the taunts of her former friends in the corridors at school. She can't be invisible in the playground or in the stairways leading to art class. Insults are even scribbled on the walls of the toilet cubicles. Helene smells, Helene's fat, Helene has friends ...w. When Helene's heart hammers in her chest as Genevieve snickers at the back of the bus, inventing nasty things to say about her, Helene dives into the pages of her book Jane Eyre. And, in the solace she fi nds there, Helene's own world becomes a little brighter. But how will the story end? Is there any hope for the wise, strange, plain Jane Eyre? How could Mr Rochester ever love her? On nature camp, arranged by the school as a treat, Helene fi nds herself in the tent of other outcasts. Again, her inner and outer worlds become entangled as she reads on - this time putting herself into Jane Eyre's shoes. It would be impossible for Mr Rochester to marry a sausage in a swimsuit, even if he loved her. Wouldn't it? But, while deeply lost in self-doubt, Helene's world is unexpectedly shaken up by a fresh new friendship. Geraldine srts with laughter at her jokes! They love being together! Helene begins to worry less about what the cruel girls think - and more about how happy she can be (and make others)...Perhaps Jane Eyre's story will end well after all, too.
- Author BiographyFanny Britt is a Quebec playwright, author and translator. She has written a dozen plays (among them Honey Pie, Hotel Pacifi que and Bienveillance) and translated more than fi ftenn others. She has also written and translated several works of children's literature. Jane, the Fox and Me is her fi rst graphic novel. Isabelle Arsenault is a Quebec illustrator who has won an impressive number of awards and has achieved international recognition. Her picture books include Migrant by Maxine Trottier, a New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book and a fi nalist for the Governor General's Award, and Once Upon a Northern Light by Jean E. Pendziwol.
- Author(s)Fanny Britt,Isabelle Arsenault
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight722 g
- Width244 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.