All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Academy Award for Best Actress for three films in 1927-28, Seventh Heaven, Sunrise, and Street Angel, Janet Gayr may be better kwn for her roles as the endearing orphan, Judy Abbott, in Daddy Long Legs (1931) and the small town girl-turned actress, Esther Blodgett, in A Star Is Born (1937). Her entire acting career is presented here, from bit parts in 1924 to a final appearance on ABC-TV's Love Boat in 1981. The opening biography assesses her lifework, which is then documented in separate chapters on her work in film, radio, stage, and television. The biography further details her recognition as a talented painter, her many philanthropic activities, and her interests in travel, food, and fashion. An extensive bibliography includes critical studies and reviews and reveals her immense popularity in fan magazines, particularly of the 1920s and 1930s. Interesting photographs--some rare--illustrate her versatile career.
- Author BiographyCONNIE BILLIPS, a film historian and writer, is the author of Maureen O'Sullivan: A Bio-Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1990).
- Author(s)Connie J. Billips
- Date of Publication22/01/1992
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in the Performing Arts
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 23.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.