All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJanet Whittle's paintings are characterised by their vibrant colours and imaginative compositions, showcased here in this glorious book in which she explains her evocative use of colour and the numerous creative techniques she uses for capturing the beauty of flowers in her paintings - wet-in-wet, wet-in-dry, negative painting, masking, lifting out, glazing and more. Clear step-by-step projects are included, as well as many examples of her work, providing ideas and inspiration for vice as well as more experienced artists.
- Author BiographyJanet Whittle is a professional artist and qualified teacher who specialises in flowers and landscapes in watercolour and pastel. She exhibits regularly at the Westminster Galleries in London, and has also shown her work at the prestigious Mall Galleries and other international venues. Greeting cards bearing her work are widely available in Europe and the US and her prints are sold throughout the world. Janet Whittle has received awards from the major UK art groups, including the Society of Botanical Artists' Founder President's Honour in 1999, and the St. Cuthberts Mill Award for a picture of outstanding quality in 2001. Also in that year she won The Society of Flower Painters' Award for Excellence for their Jersey Exhibition.
- Author(s)Janet Whittle
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width216 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.