All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionEvolving for centuries in relative isolation, sport in Japan developed a unique character reflective of Japanese culture and society. In recent decades, Japan's drive towards cultural and ecomic modernization has consciously incorporated a modernization of its sports cultures. Japan, Sport and Society provides insights into this process, revealing the tensions between continuity and change, tradition and modernity, the local and the global in a culture facing the new ecomic and political realities of our modern world. The book explores three broad areas of interest: * sport and modern society in Japan * current issues in social reconstruction and reproduction in sport * modernization, globalization and sport in Japan. Providing unprecedented access to new work from Japanese scholars, and raising key questions of globalization and cultural identity, this text represents a fascinating resource for students and researchers of sport and society.
- Author BiographyLoughborough University, UK Shimane University, Japan De Montfort University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleSport in the Global Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJoseph Maguire,Masayoshi Nakayama
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.