Japan Style by Gian Carlo Calza, Studioarte srl (Gian Carlo Calza Co.) (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a thorough examination of Japanese style. Through an in-depth study of Japanese art and culture, world-rewned scholar Gian Carlo Calza defines the very essence of that recognizable yet elusive quality that is Japanese style, equipping readers with the tools to fully understand and appreciate it. He draws connections between art, religion, history, philosophy and mythology, and examines specific examples of Japanese literature, art and architecture, from ancient times to the present. Beautifully illustrated with over 150 images, including paintings, prints, sculptures and photographs, this book is a perfect introduction to Japananese style and culture.
- Author BiographyGian Carlo Calza is Professor of East Asian Art History and Director of the International Hokusai Research Centre at the University of Venice. A distinguished authority on Japanese art, he has published many books and articles on several artists, including Phaidon's monographs on Hokusai (2003) and on Ukiyo-e (2005).
- Author(s)Gian Carlo Calza,Studioarte srl (Gian Carlo Calza Co.)
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note100 col, 50 b&w ill.
- Weight1678 g
- Width205 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byAlexa Kempton
- Translated byImogen Forster
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.