All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Japanese conquest of the Pacific comprised of a complex series of widely scattered operations intended to neutralize American, Commonwealth, and Dutch forces, seize regions rich in ecomic resources, and secure an outer defense line for the Greater Southeast Asia Co-prosperity Sphere. Albeit victorious, the forces deployed from Japan and China were t always ideally trained and equipped for the challenging conditions they encountered. This book, the first of several covering the Imperial Japanese Army in World War II, examines the forces in existence at the beginning of the war, and task organization for the conquest of the Philippines, New Guinea, the South Seas area, and the Dutch East Indies, from December 1941 to the Battle of Midway in June 1942.
- Author BiographyGordon L Rottman entered the US Army in 1967, volunteered for Special Forces and completed training as a weapons specialist. He was assigned to the 7th Special Forces Group until reassigned to the 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam in 1969-70. A highly respected and established author, Gordon is now a civilian contract Special Operations Forces Intelligence Specialist at the Army's Joint Readiness Center, Ft Polk.
- Author(s)Gordon L. Rottman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBattle Orders S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 9
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.