All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the ancient system of Chinese medicine, Japanese holistic face massage has been used for centuries to maintain a youthful complexion, reflect inner calm and promote longevity. This comprehensive introductory guide explains how to perform the massage and explores the therapeutic benefits of this treatment. Beginning with a brief account of the philosophy behind Japanese holistic face massage, including Ki/Qi/prana, acupressure and the Five Elements, and highlighting the importance of the skin, the book provides everything needed to understand how the treatment works. Fully-illustrated, it includes step-by-step instructions on the movements of the massage, explaining the effect they have on the energy flow and the benefits this can have on emotional and physical health. The book focuses on the health aspects of this type of massage and explores how it can provide a supplement to health professionals' work with specific ailments. This book will be an invaluable resource for massage therapists, hospice professionals, primary care professionals and anyone with an interest in massage and wellbeing.
- Author BiographyRosemary Patten is a naturally gifted holistic therapist with over 23 years' experience in helping people feel better. She began her professional career within the NHS, in hospital settings, where her extensive contact with those in rehabilitation gave her an invaluable grounding in understanding the nature of disease. A master Reiki practitioner, aromatherapist, reflexologist, qualified beautician and in many other holistic therapies, Rosemary founded Rose Health and Well Being Natural Health Centre, which has now evolved into Equinox Rose. This is a combined holistic services consultancy delivering various natural therapy workshops, consultations on business development for therapists and a clinic specialising in energetic healing. Japanese Holistic Face Massage is among the range of therapies Rosemary uses to help her many clients make a breakthrough physically or emotionally. Rosemary believes passionately in a holistic approach to diagnosing root causes of illness, especially the impact of stagnant energetic flow within and around the body. She lives in Kent, UK.
- Author(s)Rosemary Patten
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content NoteApprox. 50 illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.