All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe true meaning of Ikebana--the traditional Japanese art of flower arrangement--is to take a few beautiful flowers and plants and tastefully present them in very simple containers to enhance home decor. The 53 elegant arrangements featured in <i>Japanese Ikebana for Every Season</i> are perfect for special occasions--Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, birthday, anniversary--or any event that calls for a flower bouquet. The key to good Ikebana arrangements is to understand a few very simple principles--like the idea of <i>mitate</i>, seeing old things with new eyes--and to learn a few easy techniques to stabilize and support plants inside a vase or container. Using common flowers and plants from the garden, a nearby field or forest, or the local florist, anyone can easily create these lovely Ikebana in just a few minutes. Authors Rie Imai and Yuji Ue explain how to select flowers and containers from things that are already around--and then turn them into something special. The basic instructions in the book cover a wide range of styles that encourage readers to use their own creativity rather than copying traditional and highly technical Ikebana design concepts. No matter what time of year it is and regardless of your taste or budget--the arrangements in this book will lend a touch of Japanese elegance to your home.
- Author Biography<b>Rie Imai</b> studied floral design at Parsons New School for Design in New York and the City College of San Francisco. Her ultimate goal is to show how traditional and modern Asian aesthetics may be brought into daily life. <b>Yuji Ueno</b> is an independent floral artist who has developed his own unique philosophy and artistic sensibility--by turns outrageously passionate and exceptionally tranquil. Yuji has created his own distinctive style that is not linked with any recognized Japanese Ikebana school, allowing him the freedom to chart his own course. He regularly wins national Ikebana challenge competitions in Japan. <b>Noboru Murata</b> is one of Japan's most accomplished photographers. Based in Tokyo, he works for <i>Elle Deco Japon, Casa Mica Italy</i> and <i>Elle a Table Japon</i>. His books include <i>The Sushi Lover's Cookbook, Japan Style, Japanese Gardens</i> and <i>Japan Home</i>.
- Author(s)Rie Imai,Yuji Ueno
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Content Noteover 50 projects; 175 colour photographs
- Weight839 g
- Width203 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.