All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the only English language, up-to-date, and comprehensive reference to Japanese law. It covers a wide range of topics, from the fundamentals of the Japanese legal system, to the Civil Code which is the cornerstone of private law in Japan and business related laws in a comprehensive manner. The author presents the current state of Japanese law in operation by referring to numerous cases and the latest discussions. Since the last edition in 1999, Japanese Law, in almost every area, has undergone substantial reform, all of which is reflected in the new text. In particular, the new edition contains the first comprehensive analysis of the new Company Law and the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law. This makes this book an essential reference work for all who have an interest in Japanese law.
- Author BiographyHiroshi Oda is the Sir Ernest Satow Professor of Japanese Law at the University of London (University College), a professor of the College d'Europe (Brugge), and consultant to Herbert Smith, solicitors. He is a graduate of the Law Faculty of the University of Tokyo, held a chair of Soviet Law there and was granted a LL.D before moving to London. He has held various visiting positions including visiting professorship at Cornell Law School (US). He is also a qualified attorney in Japan and practises Japanese and Russian law in London and Tokyo.
- Author(s)Hiroshi Oda
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight867 g
- Width166 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.