All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth look at Japan's ecomic malaise and the steps it must take to compete globally In Japanization, Bloomberg columnist William Pesek based in Tokyo presents a detailed look at Japan's continuing twenty-year ecomic slow-down, the political and ecomic reasons behind it, and the policies it could and should undertake to return to growth and influence. Despite new Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's promise of ecomic revitalization, investor optimism about the future, and plenty of potential, Japanization reveals why things are unlikely to change any time soon. Pesek argues that Abemics, as the new policies are popularly referred to, is thing more than a dressed-up version of the same old fiscal and monetary policies that have left Japan with crippling debt, interest rates at zero, and constant deflation. He explores the ten forces that are stunting Japan's growth and offers prescriptions for fixing each one. * Offers a skeptical counterpoint to the popular rosy narrative on the ecomic outlook for Japan * Gives investors practical and detailed insight on the real condition of Japan's ecomy * Reveals ten factors stunting Japan's growth and why they are unlikely to be solved any time soon * Explains why most of what readers believe they kw about Japan's ecomy is wrong * Includes case studies of some of the biggest Japanese companies, including Olympus, Japan Airlines, Sony, and Toyota, among others For many investors, businesspeople, and ecomists, Japan's long ecomic struggle is difficult to comprehend, particularly given the ecomic advantages it appears to have over its neighbors. Japanization offers a ground-level look at why its problems continue and what it can do to change course.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM PESEK is a Bloomberg columnist in Tokyo. He provides opinions and commentary on economics, business, markets, and politics throughout Asia. His columns routinely appear in publications around the globe. Previously, he was a columnist for Barron s, writing about global economics, politics, and financial markets. William was the winner of the Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) s 2010 award for commentary.
- Author(s)William Pesek
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleBloomberg
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight508 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.