All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionAs the global Great Recession continues, policymakers, ecomists, and the public are turning to Japenses ecomic revitalization for answers. Paul Krugman, Nobel laureate in Ecomics, once said that Japan was a full-dress rehearsal for the current crisis. Japan has experienced and valiantly overcome the burst of their Bubble ecomy, financial crisis, lukewarm recovery, and more than a decade-long deflation and stagnation to become one of the most stable ecomies today. Japan's Great Stagnation and Abemics reveals the striking similarities of ecomic events and policies between the Great Stagnation and the current Great Recession. It also suggests possible dangers ahead and way-outs in the future. This exciting new volume is based on Wakatabe's expertise in ecomic history and the history of ecomic ideas and argues that any policy decision is related to cultural ideology. An investigation into the relationship between cultural ideology and policy helps us better understand the policy-making process.
- Author BiographyMasazumi Wakatabe is Professor of Economics at Waseda University, Japan. Trained as a historian of economics, he has extensively written on economic thought during the past economic crises, and the Japanese economy and economic policy. He has published six books in Japanese, and has published numerous book chapters and academic articles throughout his career in both English and Japanese.
- Author(s)Masazumi Wakatabe
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight410 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.