All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest edition of this comprehensive and user-friendly textbook provides a single volume resource for all those studying Japan's international relations. It offers a clear and concise introduction to the most important aspects of Japan's role in the globalized ecomy of the twenty-first century. The book has been fully updated and revised to include comprehensive discussions of contemporary key issues for Japan's IR, including: * the rise of China; * reaction to the global ecomic and financial crisis since 2008; * Japan's proactive role after 9/11 and the war on terror; * responses to events on the Korean Peninsula; * relations with the USA and the Obama administration; * relations with Russia, Central Asia and the Middle East; * changing responses to an expanding and deepening European Union. Extensively illustrated, the text includes statistics, maps, photographs, summaries and suggestions for further reading, making it essential reading for those studying Japanese politics and the international relations of the Asia Pacific. A te on the cover: The cover illustration entitled 'Double Standard' is a Japanese manga penned by satirical artist Ichihanahana in November 2010 regarding rising Japanese nationalism, Japan-China tensions over the disputed territory of the Senkaku islands and the US presence in Okinawa. This manga demonstrates many of the key themes in Japan's ties with China and the US, but also a number of other central features of Japan's international relations as explored throughout this text.
- Author BiographyGlenn D. Hook is Professor of Japanese Studies in the School of East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield. Julie Gilson is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Political Science and International Studies, University of Birmingham. Christopher W. Hughes is Professor of International Politics and Japanese Studies, University of Warwick. Hugo Dobson is Professor of Japan's International Relations in the School of East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield.
- Author(s)Christopher W. Hughes,Glenn D. Hook,Hugo Dobson,Julie Gilson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleSheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 22 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight1088 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.