All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionBased on primary resources, including documents and extensive interviews with Japanese policy makers, this book provides a comprehensive and detailed empirical analysis of Japan's involvement in Asia-Pacific security multilateralism after the end of the Cold War with special reference to the ARF. Giving an in-depth account of new developments in Japan's post-Cold War security policy, Yuzawa also examines: * Japan's initial motivations, expectations and objectives for promoting regional security multilateralism * Japan's diplomacy for achieving these objectives and experiences in the ARF since its formation * the effectiveness and limitations of the ARF with regards national and Asia-Pacific security * the effects of Japan's experiences in the ARF on its initial conception of regional securty multilateralism and the implications of this for the direction of its overall security policy * problems and difficulties that arose as a result of Japan's post-Cold War security policy of simultaneously pursuing two different security approaches - namely the strengthening of regional security institutions and the Japan-US alliance. This book will be an invaluable resource for students and scholars of Japanese security studies, as well as international relations, Asian politics and international organizations.
- Author BiographyTakeshi Yuzawa is Research Fellow at the Japan Institute of International Affairs. His research interests include Asia-Pacific security, Japan's foreign and security policy, International Relations Theory.
- Author(s)Takeshi Yuzawa
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleSheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.