All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionJava: An Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming, 7e, is ideal for introductory Computer Science courses using Java, and other introductory programming courses in departments of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS, IT, and Business. It also serves as a useful Java fundamentals reference for programmers. Students are introduced to object-oriented programming and important concepts such as design, testing and debugging, programming style, interfaces inheritance, and exception handling. The Java coverage is a concise, accessible introduction that covers key language features. Objects are covered thoroughly and early in the text, with an emphasis on application programs over applets. MyProgrammingLab for Java is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams-resulting in better performance in the course-and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress. Teaching and Learning Experience This program presents a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. *Personalized Learning with MyProgrammingLab: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.*A Concise, Accessible Introduction to Java: Key Java language features are covered in an accessible manner that resonates with introductory programmers.*Tried-and-true Pedagogy: Numerous case studies, programming examples, and programming tips are used to help teach problem-solving and programming techniques. *Flexible Coverage that Fits your Course: Flexibility charts and optional graphics sections allow instructors to order chapters and sections based on their course needs.*Instructor and Student Resources that Enhance Learning: Resources are available to expand on the topics presented in the text. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyProgrammingLab does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyProgrammingLab search for ISBN-10: 0133862119/ISBN-13: 9780133862119. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133766268/ISBN-13: 9780133766264 and ISBN-10: 0133841030 /ISBN-13: 9780133841039. MyProgrammingLab is t a self-paced techlogy and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
- Author BiographyWalter Savitch received his Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from the University of California at Berkeley in 1969. Since that time he has been on the faculty at the University of California at San Diego and is currently a Professor of Computer Science and director of the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program in Cognitive Science. Professor Savitch's research areas include complexity theory, formal language theory, computational linguistics, and the development of computer science education materials. In addition to writing numerous research articles and involvement in other editorial projects, he has written a number of well-known computer science textbooks, including Pascal, Ada, and C++ CS1 and CS2 textbooks.
- Author(s)Walter J. Savitch
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Out-of-print date04/09/2014
- Content Notecolour tables, figures
- Weight1300 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.