All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe main characters in his photographs are the weak, the disowned and all of those who struggle on a daily basis to survive. This book brings together images of workers breaking up boats, abandoned refugees, amateur boxers, garbage collectors in dumps and members of armed gangs among other subjects. Since 2006 Javier Arcenillas has been working on an essay about violence in Central America. His photographs document pain, desperation, impotence and fear. His first works to gain recognition were Sicarios ( Hitmen ) and Nota roja ( Red te ), both installments of his trilogy about death in El Salvador, Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala, followed by Latidoame rica, its final part, the focus of which shifts to the tales of the victims of the indiscriminate violence prevalent in Honduran society. A number of these photographs have appeared in these countries' newspapers. The group of photographs included in this book goes a long way to define Arcenillas's work: striking images with a precise narrative discourse stir powerful emotions in the viewer.Shooting in black and white, making use of the close-up to introduce his scenes and playing with only partially focused subjects he arrives at his individual and feisty vision.
- Author BiographyJavier Arcenillas (Spain, 1973) is a psychiatrist graduated from Madrid's Universidad Complutense and he presently is the coordinator of the documentary section of the International Photography School PIC.A. His work has been exhibited in a number of cities, including London, Paris, Cologne and New York. He has also been awarded various international prizes, such asthe Arts Press Award, KODAK Young Photographer, European Social Fund Grant, Euro Press by Fujifilm, World Photographyof the Year, among others. His photographs have been featured in respected newspapers around the world, from the Miami Herald and the Sunday Times to Le Monde, and in magazines such as National Geographic, Cosmopolitan, Figaro Magazine, New York Times Magazine and Esquire.
- PublisherLa Fabrica
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- Series TitlePhotobolsillo
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintLa Fabrica
- Out-of-print date09/07/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.