Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionPublished on the occasion of Jay DeFeo's (1929-89) first exhibition at Mitchell-Innes & Nash featuring 50 key works spanning the years 1965-89, this volume examines DeFeo's distinctive exploration of visual vocabulary, rich materiality and experimental process across the mediums of painting, drawing, photography and rarely seen photocopy works. The catalogue features two double-page spreads of major paintings: Lotus Eater from 1974 and Tuxedo Junction from 1965/74, the latter having the distinction of being one of the only remaining works which DeFeo worked on while she worked on The Rose. The essay by Los Angeles-based artist Walead Beshty focuses on the handful of forms and objects that appear and reappear in DeFeo's work, accruing meaning incrementally over time.
- PublisherMitchell-Innes & Nash
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMitchell-Innes & Nash
- Weight680 g
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.