All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnique in its focus on history rather than technique, Jazz Dance offers the only overview of trends and developments since 1960. Editors Lindsay Guari and Wendy Oliver have assembled an array of seasoned practitioners and scholars who trace the numerous histories of jazz dance and examine various aspects of the field, including trends, influences, training, race, aesthetics, international appeal, and its relationship to tap, rock, indie, black concert dance, and Latin dance. Featuring discussions of such dancers and choreographers as Bob Fosse and Katherine Dunham, as well as analyses of how the form's vocabularly differs from ballet, this complex and compelling history captures the very essence of jazz dance.
- Author BiographyLindsay Guarino, an active dancer and choreographer, is assistant professor of dance at Salve Regina University, USA. Wendy Oliver, professor of dance at Providence College and past winner of the National Dance Association Scholar/Artist award, is the author of Writing about Dance.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note48 black & white photographs
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byLindsay Guarino,Wendy Oliver
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.