All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, methods for learning jazz standards, practicing jazz improvisation utilizing scales and arpeggios are discussed, along with other essential tools for developing musicianship. Includes 8 Etudes based on Jazz Standards and featuring a variety of styles and chord progressions + Over 40 Exercises + Audio Recordings of each example + Harmonica Tabs. Prene offers a practical guide with a realistic approach
- Author BiographySince moving to New York City, composer and educator Yvonnick Prene has become one of the rising stars in harmonica world and a sideman in demand. He has recorded three albums as a leader and been working with todays top jazz artists such as Kevin Hays, Rich Perry, Aaron Parks, Jon Cowherd, Donald Edwards, Jared Gold, Cyrille Aimee, Laurent Cugny, Ugonna Okegwo, Steve Cardenas, Alex Tassel and Scott Tixier among others. Yvonnick graduated at the Sorbonne University in Paris with a Masters degree in Music and was awarded scholarships to attend Columbia University and The New School where he studied with notably Reggie Workman, Lee Konitz, John Patittuci and Aaron Goldberg. He earned a Bachelor's degree in Jazz Performance in 2011 and soon afterwards started his professional jazz career. In 2012 he signed with the Danish label SteepleChase Records and recorded Jour de Fete his debut album. In his four stars review, Dan Bilawsky wrote Jour De Fete is his recorded initiation into the fraternal order of jazz harmonica aces; he's now a part of the club for life.
- Author(s)Yvonnick Prene
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- ramblereteg01 Sep, 2016by
Thanks for great jazz methods, love it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.