Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.08Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionJust as a rose would smell as sweet by any other name, so it is with love. Love is powerful, enduring, and magical in any language. For Je T'Aime , word expert Erin McKean has scoured the world looking for the most colourful and seductive expressions to hour your loved one, and among the more than forty-six languages featured in this book, you're sure to find the right things to say. From the romantic 'hubbak yidhaw wibni' (Arabic, meaning 'your love makes me melt away') to the delightfully descriptive 'cinta monyet' (Indonesian for 'monkey love', similar to 'puppy love'), there's a phrase or word here for everyone who loves. Perhaps you can impress your beloved by telling them you are 'vliuben do ushi' (Bulgarian for 'in love up to your ears'), or discover that regardless of national boundaries the French, Italians, and Germans are all hit with similar bolts of lightning when they are lovestruck.
- Author BiographyErin McKean is the editor of VERBATIM, and editor on chief of American dictionaries of Oxford University Press. She lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Erin McKean
- PublisherAnova Books
- Date of Publication04/02/2008
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteColour line drawings throughout
- Weight282 g
- Width135 mm
- Height192 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.